The Paderewski Festival
A Premier Central Coast Music Festival in Paso Robles, Ca
The Paderewski Festival is a four-day music festival held annually in November celebrating Paso Robles' rich heritage and its most famous resident Ignacy Jan Paderewski - virtuoso pianist, composer, international politician, local landowner, grower and winemaker. Concerts featuring world renown talent, exhibits, lectures, master classes and film screenings are accompanied by winetastings and tours of local vineyards. A youth piano competition, recital and student cultural exchange with Poland additionally honor Paderewski's legacy. We invite you to join us at the 2016 Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles!
2016 Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles
Tickets on sale August 1st.
This year's Festival will again feature a diverse and talented group of musicians fro around the globe assembled by Artistic Director Marek Zebrowski to perform in Paso Robles -- all paying tribute to Igancy Jan Paderewski, the city's most famous resident. This year's Festival will begin with performances by our Youth Exchange participants from Poland and Ukraine, feature concerts with guitar, violin, baroque sinfonia and piano, an finish with a Paderewski birthday concert with Symphony of the Vines.
As always, the best ticket option is the Friends of Paderewski pass (FOP/$225), which provides premier seating at all concerts and access to an exclusive event at Halter Ranch Vineyard on Sunday morning. Individual concert tickets are available on our website and Eventbrite.
The 2016 Paderewski Festival talent and events will include:
Wednesday, November 2:
- Paderewski Festival Youth Exchange students from Poland and Ukraine in concert at Paso Robles High School (invitation only). Time TBD.
Thursday, November 3:
- Tomines Ensemble performing guitar and violin music by Paderewski, Tansman, Ryterband and Piazzola at Cass Winery. 6:30 PM wine reception, concert at 7 PM.
Friday, November 4:
- Master Class with Tadeusz Domanowski, piano, at Park Ballroom in Paso Robles. 2 PM. Free.
- Maestro Adam Gilbert and USC Thornton Baroque Sinfonia presenting a progam of Early Polish Music at Park Ballroom in Paso Robles. 6:30 PM wine reception, concert at 7 PM.
Saturday, November 5:
- Film screening of "Wojciech Kilar-Credo" at Park Cinemas in Paso Robles. 10 AM. Free.
- Paderewski Festival Youth Piano Competition Winners' Recital at Paso Robles Inn Ballroom. 4 PM. Free.
- Paderewski Festival Gala Concert with Tadeusz Domanowski, pianist, performing works by Chopin, Paderewski, Gershwin, Ryterband and others. 7 PM wine reception, concert at 7:30 PM.
Sunday, November 6:'
- Friends of Paderewski Tour, Lunch and Wine Tasting at Halter Ranch Vineyard. 10:30-2 PM.
- Paderewski Birthday Celebration with Maestro Greg Magie, Symphony of the Vines and Paderewski Festival Youth Exchange Program students as solo guest artists performing music by Beethoven, Prokofiev and others at Park Ballroom in Paso Robles. 3-4:30 PM.
Tickets will be available for purchase starting August 1. Friends of Paderewski (front rows of all concerts) $225; Premium Admission $40 (next 2-4 rows at all concerts); General Admission $35; Seniors over 60 and Wine Industry $25; Students 18 and over with ID $5; children under 18 free with paid adult ticket;children must be reserved on Eventbrite.
To purchase tickets for the Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles, CLICK HERE.
To volunteer, please contact Gracie Rey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 805-235-5409.
THE CHOPIN PROJECT WITH FESTIVAL MOZAIC
APRIL 29, 2017
The Paderewski Festival is partnering with Festival Mozaic for a spectacular concert next spring. Join us for "The WinterMezzo Coda: The Chopin Project". In 2010, pianist Jocelyn Swigger set out on a journey to learn all 27 Chopin etudes. In this multimedia program, she wi’ll discuss how her life and her musicianship transformed as she learned this notoriously difficult music. She will perform on a piano that belonged to Ignacy Paderewski, who published editions of Chopin's works and who has deep roots in Paso Robles. Concert will be followed by a wine reception with the artist. Paso Robles Inn Ballroom, 3 PM.